Family Matters Law Group P.A.
Free Consultations on Family Law Cases : 866-593-0459

Posts tagged "department of revenue"

Reaching an Agreement in Child Support with DOR

Reaching an agreement in a DOR Child Support case is no easy task. When a person, typically, but not always a mother, obtains assistance from the State of Florida in obtaining or enforcing child support she actually assigns her right of child support to the Florida Department of Revenue (DOR). Sometimes she does this voluntarily, meaning she contacts the State in hopes of getting them to assist her, and sometimes she gets their assistance whether she wants it or not. This happens when she attempts to get food stamps or cash assistance from the State of Florida, who, in return, says we will help but only if you allow us to go after the Father of the child for child support on your behalf. Sometimes the mother is aware that she has assigned her rights of child support and sometimes she is unaware of this fact.

What does Department of Revenue have to do with child support?

Child Support assistance can be obtained from the Department of Revenue (DOR) in both initiating and enforcing child support in Florida. The Department of Revenue has an interest in helping caregivers obtain and enforce support because those who receive support are less likely to request or need cash assistance, food stamps and other subsidies. In fact, if you receive this type of assistance in Florida, whether you know it or not, you actually assign or give your right to child support over to the State of Florida. Yes, now it is their right to collect support, not yours.

Email Us For A Response

Let Us Know How We Can Help Your Family

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Family Matters Law Group P.A.
6950 Cypress Rd.
Suite #107
Plantation, FL 33317

Toll Free: 866-593-0459
Phone: 954-601-3737
Plantation Law Office Map